led by WHM Certified Instructor Hong Noe
A longer spaced 1-day workshop (lunch & dinner served) to enjoy some time away from your schedule to take in the view of the natural surrounding as well as get more energized & focused while taking part in the practice.
"Feeling is understanding." ~ Wim Hof
- During this workshop, the three pillars of the Wim Hof Method will be explained and instructed: mindset/focus, breathing & cold exposure, with their ramifications for our health, both physiological & psychological.
- We will practice facing & dealing with our stress responses.
- We will practice facing & dealing with our fear & anxiety responses.
- We will practice facing & dealing with our discomfort responses.
- We will practice cultivating an internal space that encourages diminished inner resistances (where positive growth may take "root").
- We will practice breathing with attention.
- We will tie the practices together with discussions on physiology of mind & body, as well as how to DOVETAIL*** the practice to encourage positive changes, transformations, and greater mind-body connections to take place.
*** How can I put this into practice in a sustainable & consistent way into MY life?
The course is suitable for beginners, intermediate & beyond (getting more into the psychological aspects: fears, anxieties & training our body-mind responses to them, etc.) within the Wim Hof method.
Each workshop capped at 30 participants.
Note: Registration for a workshop will close 7 days prior to the date of the workshop
Location: Serra Retreat in Malibu, CA:
Accomplish at least ONE thing you’ve been PROCRASTINATING about (to facilitate you toward getting into a better mindset during the workshop as well as to apply practicing overcoming signals of mental resistance in our everyday lives).
To prepare for the ICE BATH that will be available for your participation at the workshop, you can begin to introduce cold exposure on your own.
- You can initially start with a normal warm shower, then end with cold shower for 30 seconds.
- After a few days, you can start with 30 seconds of cold shower. Goto warm shower. Then end with 30 seconds of cold shower.
- After a few more days, see if you can take a cold shower from start to finish.
- You may also incorporate some ice immersions for your hands & feet: go for 2 minutes for hands, then 2 minutes for feet.
- Comfortable clothes, bathing suit, towel, sandals, & MAT for sitting/lying on floor (room has a STONE floor: see 2nd from last photo)
- Lunch & dinner will be served.
Times: Subject to change: workshop will conclude after dinner & short wrap-up.
9:30 - 10 registration
10 - 12 AM session
12 - 1 lunch
1 - 6 PM session
6 - 7 dinner
7 - 7:30 wrap-up / close
Go home - take a nice well-deserved hot shower - enter into a deep restful sleep.
- Bring signed liability waiver & health declaration sheets (available with study materials upon registration).