Kilimanjaro Expedition 2020
Climb the highest peak in Africa in nothing but your shorts.
You’re reading that right: we’re going back. This time not to prove a point— we all know the method works. Instead we’re going to do our part in restoring the harmony between the Maasai tribe and the animals with which they’ve coexisted for thousands of years. All proceeds of this expedition go to the Garden of Eden project.
The core of this Expedition is a 3-day ascent of Mount Kilimanjaro, at almost double the regular pace. You’re not just climbing the highest peak in Africa. You’re also reaching for the highest degree of mastery over your mind. Our Expeditions are the deepest, most immersive form of Wim Hof Method training, and the Kilimanjaro Expedition tops them all.
- Transfer from and to the airport and Kilimanjaro National Park
- Accomodation at Hotel Moshi in a 3/4-person room, including board
- Entry fees to Kilimanjaro National Park
- Certified English speaking mountain guides, assistant guides, porters and cooks
- Accommodation on the mountain in cabins; sleeping pads are provided
- 3 nutritious meals for each day on the mountain
- 2/3 liters of water, coffee & tea, per person per day
- Oxygen tanks, first aid, and contingency plan up to the park entrance
- Flying Doctors rescue service from the nearest airstrip
- Flight and visa
- Travel insurance
- Extra services, e.g. chemical toilet or portable altitude chamber (available for rent)
- Sleeping bag for on the mountain
- Additional fee for 1/2-person hotel room
Availability is extremely limited.
Everything outlined here is subject to change.
Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, where you are welcomed by the team and taken to a comfortable hotel in Moshi, where you will spend the first two nights.
You are thoroughly briefed by the guides, and all preparations are made for the ascent of Mount Kilimanjaro.
After a big breakfast, you are picked up from the hotel and driven to Marangu gate— the starting point of the expedition, at an altitude of approximately 1850 meters. This is the start of the ascent through the rainforest, to the mountain cabin at 3705 meters. It’s a tough scramble, with high elevation, that is normally completed in 2 days.
We continue the trek, to Kibo Hut —the final stop before the summit— at 4725 meters. After dinner it’s an early bedtime to be well rested for the home stretch.
You rise at midnight for the demanding final climb to Gillman’s Point, at 5685 meters. It’s about 1½ hours from here to the summit at 5895 meters. There you can take in the breathtaking view at sunrise. Having caught your breath and taken your selfies, it’s time for the descent back to Horombo Hut, where you’ll spend your final night on the mountain.
You continue the descent to Marangu Gate, where the expedition ends, and you receive a certificate validating your summiting the highest peak in Africa. You are then driven back to Hotel Moshi, where you spend the final two days recovering from the ordeal.
On the last day there is opportunity for an excursion to one of the nearby sights, like a waterfall or coffee plantation. At the end of the day we take back to the airport. That is, unless you want to extend your stay with a visit the Garden of Eden project, across the border in Kenya, or a safari in one of the famous national wildlife reserves, such as Masai Mara, Serengeti or Ngorongoro Crater.
BUY TICKETS For Kilimanjaro Expedition 2020 on in Kilimanjaro, Mount Kilimanjaro National Park, Tanzania
A comprehensive pack list is sent out closer to the start of the Expedition.