"Feeling is understanding" ~ Wim Hof
1-day workshop led by WHM Certified Instructor Hong Noe
- During this workshop, the three pillars of the Wim Hof Method will be explained and instructed: mindset/focus, breathing & cold exposure, with their ramifications for our health, both physiological & psychological.
- We will practice facing & dealing with our stress responses.
- We will practice facing & dealing with our fear & anxiety responses.
- We will practice facing & dealing with our discomfort responses.
- We will practice cultivating an internal space that encourages diminished inner resistances (where positive growth may take "root").
- We will practice breathing with attention.
- We will tie the practices together with discussions on physiology of mind & body, as well as how to DOVETAIL*** the practice to encourage positive changes, transformations, and greater mind-body connections to take place.
*** How can I put this into practice in a sustainable & consistent way into MY life?
The course is suitable for beginners, intermediate & beyond (getting more into the psychological aspects: fears, anxieties & training our body-mind responses to them, etc.) within the Wim Hof method.
Location: Irving, TX - address to be emailed about 10 days before workshop.
NOTE: refunds may take 3~4 weeks to process by WHM support.
1000 - 1015 check-in
1015 - 1215 AM session
1215 - 100 snacks & refreshments served
100 - 400 PM session
Accomplish at least ONE thing you’ve been PROCRASTINATING about (to facilitate you toward getting into a better mindset during the workshop as well as to apply practicing overcoming signals of mental resistance in our everyday lives).
To prepare for the ICE BATH that will be available for your participation at the workshop, you can begin to introduce cold exposure on your own.
- You can initially start with a normal warm shower, then end with cold shower for 30 seconds.
- After a few days, you can start with 30 seconds of cold shower. Goto warm shower. Then end with 30 seconds of cold shower.
- After a few more days, see if you can take a cold shower from start to finish.
- You may also incorporate some ice immersions for your hands & feet: go for 2 minutes for hands, then 2 minutes for feet.
- Comfortable clothes, bathing suit, towel, sandals, & mat for sitting/lying on floor
- Snacks & refreshments served
- Bring signed liability waiver & health declaration sheets (available with study materials upon registration).