If anybody or anything "pushes your buttons", where are the said "buttons"?
I'm talking about those triggers that in no way put you in any immediate physical threat but still manages to "push your buttons" ("stressed out").
Here are some of the places where the "bother" is NOT: mommy, daddy, brother, sister, relatives, partner, neighbor, boss, co-worker, client, deadlines, money, expectations, delays, approval (lack of), setbacks, rejections, etc.
- The "bother" is not OUT THERE.
- The "bother" is in YOU.
- FIRST change how you are with the external world so that you're "bothered" by less & less stuff. THEN take action, make changes, etc. --- NOT froma place of perceived threat (stress), but from a place of fearlessness.
- During the workshop, the three pillars of the Wim Hof Method will be explained and explored: mindset/focus, breathing & cold exposure, with their ramifications for your health, both psychological & physiological.
- We will practice facing & dealing with our stress responses.
- We will practice facing & dealing with pain & discomfort stimuli and our responses to them.
- We will practice cultivating an internal space that encourages diminished inner resistances (where positive growth may take "root").
- We will practice breathing with attention.
- We will tie the practices together with discussions on physiology of mind & body.
The course is suitable for intermediate & beyond (getting more into the psychological aspects: fears, anxieties & training our body-mind responses to them, etc.) within the WHM. You should already have some experience with cold exposure on your own (cold showers).
Location: will be held in a gated community - registered name will be placed on guest list. Provide names of all drivers IF different than the name registered under.
- 2600 Waterford Dr
Irving, TX 75963
- 10 spaces
With regard to the full-body ICE IMMERSION:
- You should already be ok with taking a full cold shower on your own.
- Comfortable clothes, bathing suit, towel, sandals, & MAT for sitting/lying on floor
- It is best to eat lightly that day. Breathing practice is better when not on a full stomach.
- Bring signed liability waiver & health declaration sheets (available with study materials upon registration).
WARNING - important message, please read carefully:
- The breathing exercise has a profound effect and should be practiced in the way it is explained. Always do the breathing exercise in a safe environment (e.g. sitting on a couch/floor) and unforced. Never practice the exercises before or during diving, driving, swimming, taking a bath or in any other environment/place where, should you pass out, a serious injury could occur. Wim Hof breathing may cause tingling sensations and/or lightheadedness. If you’ve fainted, it means that you went to far. Take a step back next time.
- The cold is a powerful force. We strongly advise to gradually build up exposing yourself to the cold. Always train without force and listen to your body carefully. If it is not practiced responsible, there is a risk of hypothermia.
- Do not practice the method during pregnancy or when having epilepsy. Persons with cardiovascular health issues, or any other (serious) health conditions, should always consult a medical doctor before starting with the Wim Hof Method
- If you are pregnant, we advise against practicing the Method. We do not know if the increased adrenaline levels associated with the WHM techniques adversely affect the health of the baby. This is of course a tremendously delicate matter, and we want to be as careful as possible. When the baby is born, you are safe to resume practicing the Method.
WHM Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) must receive full refund request at least 7 business days before workshop (no refunds after that, as you would be filling a spot of another potential participant). ***
*** refunds issued by WHM support may take 3 ~ 4 weeks