In this in-depth session you will learn how to master your breathing, mindset and cold adaptation techniques to improve focus, reduce stress, enhance mental and physical performance, boost immune system, increase cold tolerance and uncover the hidden abilities of your physiology. This is incredibly simple, intuitive and effective practice that will improve your mind-body connection. Whether you are a beginner or have been practicing on your own, this workshop will provide answers to your questions and take you to the next level of personal development.
This workshop is a 7-hour deep dive into the Wim Hof Method where I will teach you techniques, tools and insights that I have mastered through working with Wim. We will cover topics and experience how to:
- Gain more energy
- Improve focus
- Deal better with stress
- Influence pain response
- Recover faster from injury
- Improve blood flow
- Increase endurance
- Just feel awesome!
Who is this suitable for?
- Anyone who has been to any WHM Fundamentals workshop
- Anyone who is following the WHM online course
- Anyone who has experience in the basic WHM breathing exercise and is familiar with cold exposure
The Advanced workshop is not about pushing the limits but getting a deeper understanding of your body physiology and how you can influence it with the Wim Hof Method.
Breathing preparation and setting up baselines
- Get your body ready for the breathing exercises
- Setting the baselines
11:00 – 13:30 Basic breathing session
You will learn how to:
- Optimize breathing mechanics and general breathing pattern
- Practice meditation and breathing to improve focus
13.30 – 14.30 1st Icebath session
- Control stress response
- Use cold as ultimate mental training tool
- Use gradual cold exposure to increase cold tolerance
14:30 – 15:00 Break
15.00 – 16.00 Advanced Breathing session
• Use breathing to achieve deep meditative states
• Working with the breath to achieve a transformation of the mind
16.00-16.15 Short Break
16.15 - 17.45 2nd Icebath session
• Deeper understanding of the thermoregulation
• Generating heat using Brown fat activation
17.45-18.00 Closing circle
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothing to wear during the workshop
- 2 Towels
- Bottle of water
- Warm clothing for after cold exposure
- A snack
HOW TO PREPARE:
At this stage you have the basic understanding of the breathing physiology. To get the most out of this workshop you should regularly practice the basic WHM breathing exercise.
You also have some experience in cold exposure. If you would like to make the most out of the two icebath sessions you should regularly expose yourself to the cold. It’s not about how long you can stay under a cold shower but being aware how your body is reacting to the changes in temperature. The advanced workshop is not about pushing the limits but getting a deeper understanding of how your body regulates temperature. Shorter and less intensive cold sessions are advised but with more attention.
Everyone can participate to their own ability and level of comfort. No pressure, just fun day of new experiences and learning. If you have any health conditions or concerns please contact us beforehand and/or check with your doctor.
It is best to eat something light before the workshop.